Sunday, April 9, 2023

Tasting: Stella Rosa Blueberry



Name: Stella Rosa Blueberry

Variety: Dessert Wine
Region: N/A
Country: Italy
Year: 2020
Price: $0

Winery review: Bright ruby color. Aromas and flavors of ripe fresh raspberries, banana cake, menthol, fertile earth, and perfume with a satiny, bright, spritzy, sweet light-to-medium body and a smooth, brisk finish. A rustic berry-flavored wine for emergency refreshment. (Tastings.com)

Wine Folly: There wasn’t a section in the book that appropriately fit into the description of this wine


My review: (Served chilled) The first thing I noticed here was the BRIGHT purple color when poured, and also that it was sparkling rather than still. I had pulled this from the sweet wine section so I knew better than to expect a super dry experience. What I was not prepared for, however, was just how candy-like the wine was. I would not call the experience particularly enjoyable, but the taste made me feel more like a kid at communion or New Year's Eve drinking absurdly sweet grape juice to keep up with the rest of the adults. Definitely tasted like blueberry though.

I tasted this with a meal of pan-fried chicken breast in a heavy cream and spinach sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting: Stella Rosa Blueberry

Name:  Stella  Rosa Blueberry Variety: Dessert Wine Region:  N/A Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $0 Winery review:   Bright ruby color. ...